Top Online Therapy Services 2020
1,000,000+ people helped
40% off initial purchase
An Overview of Online Therapy
What is Online Therapy?
People these days turn to the internet to find solutions for a variety of problems. One of such things is online therapy to resolve personal complications. Things once used to be discussed in Doctors’ offices can be done now online which is also known as e-therapy. Basically, therapy is a treatment based on the exchange of dialogues. But, when a person is uncomfortable, unable to afford or find a traditional therapist in a nearby area, online therapy is the handy solution.
Whatever accelerates your anxiety level, you can get connected to an online qualified therapist who is non-judgmental, impartial, and supportive. This is the best option for people having a shy personality or finding it awkward to discuss things in person. Things that disturb your mental peace should be treated with empathy. However, in the fast-paced life, people have ample excuses to avoid seeing a therapist. It could be running short of time, traveling far and facing traffic problems or kids’ schedules to manage. On the contrary, online therapy is quickly becoming high in demand due to its great convenience. It’s time saver, inexpensive, and easy to access.
How does Online Therapy compare to In-Person Therapy?
Online therapy does not differ much from traditional therapy; except the fact that it happens with the help of the internet rather than meeting a therapist in person. The beneficial part of this therapy is its appeals to more people for counseling who would otherwise not consult a traditional therapist. Nonetheless, there are some other differences based on its feasibility.
- The fundamental difference is the platform on which counseling happens. Online therapy seems quite easy as you can have a conversation through text messages, or can have a live chat through video or voice phone call. You can schedule your session at your convenience and have a discussion with a therapist. You can also send text messages anytime, which means you can start therapy anytime you want. In general, it is more preferable to do a voice call or video call therapy because it is more effective. You can choose any of these ways of online therapy suitable to you.
- There are plenty of reasons someone might find it hard to go for in-person therapy. It could be some chronic disease, physical disability, and lack of time, social anxiety, living afar from the counselor and what not. The fruitful advantage of online therapy is its accessibility. So, now you are out of all the excuses you have ever made. You are just a finger touch away to have a conversation with your therapist from anywhere and anytime; all you need is an internet connection.
- When it comes to cost, a trustworthy review says that most therapists charge almost the same for both, online and in-person therapy. However, it varies from person to person, and the level of service and support they choose to have. You would get the same attention and treatment in both kinds of therapy. Nevertheless, online therapy saves your time, cost of fuel and provides you better accessibility.
How does Online Therapy Work?
To shed some light on how e-therapy works, you must know the crucial tools to communicate with your counselor. Those required tools are emails, video conferences, text messages, phone calls, and mobile apps. Most people prefer a laptop or desktop computer but, mobile applications are becoming an incredibly popular option too.
- Once you know what method or tool you want to use, you would need to choose a therapist that fits your personality and needed therapy. Most websites provide an assorted list of therapists. You can select any of them with given initial details on the bases of challenges you face, and the questions you bring up while looking for a solution. To find the right kind of therapist is simple because most of them have their extensively written bios about their knowledge and specialization in various conditions. Some of them also present an introductory video for your brief information. To have a seamless online therapy experience, you are also allowed to switch a therapist if you think it’s not the right match.
- Once you finalize your therapist, you get to select how you want to communicate. The majority of people go for text-based therapy that can be accessed anytime and from anywhere. Nevertheless, such therapy results can be strengthened with visible physical and emotional cues. Thus, many therapists insist on video session which is totally up to the person seeking therapy. Your comfort should be your priority because then only you would be able to open up in front of your therapist. A text message is the best choice when you need to vent out at any moment of the day or night.
- Tracking your progress in the e-therapy is effortless as you take one step at a time which would be displayed by a timeline. You can measure your growth and remain focused on your journey towards healing.
How much does Online Therapy Cost?
Many of you must be curious to know about the cost or the expense of this smooth online therapy. Some highly qualified therapists do take the same charges for brick and mortar therapy as well as e-therapy. However, online therapy is way more affordable than traditional therapy. Moreover, the market for online therapy is rising and the competition of serving people through this new medium is increasing which makes the charges quite inexpensive. Along with affordable therapy, you save the time of traveling and the fuel money. So, if you contemplate the overall scenario, it’s a win-win thing for you.